Journal Entry #2

So it seems as though my disability has brought me full circle–for a week, I have been relying on a mobility aid–a cane. I figured I would need one eventually, however, I thought I would at least hit age 30 before I would have to go through this sort of reliance again.   The good news is that I’ve come to terms rather quickly that I need it and my acceptance of the cane being a part of me is something that I have been preparing for years so I’m about 90 percent of it being in my life.  The other 10 percent I can deal with. For me, it’s better than a wheelchair or a walker–both I am all too familiar with.  Here’s to accepting the things I cannot change.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s